Who does my building regulations?

Here at Sovereign Home Improvements we will carry out the necessary paperwork for your building regulations. We will also liaise with the local authority on your behalf. The Building Control team there will come out and inspect the work to ensure it meets with their guidelines. This includes ensuring the conversion isn’t a fire risk, that it is well insulated and has good sound insulation. Any new walls which have been built must also be able to take the weight of the new or existing roof in the event previous roof supports have been removed. If a wall is shared with a neighbour then you will need a Party Wall Agreement before going ahead with the works. Again, we can help with this.