Letting in plenty of light and some welcomed fresh air on those sunny mornings and warm evenings.
Combining indoor and outdoor space effortlessly, these style of doors have become a popular choice for homeowners for decades, but the question is, which is best for you, French or Patio?
The answer is simple, it all depends on how you plan on using the doors in your home?
Let me explain in a bit more detail….
The classic patio
Most homes today opt for the classic sliding patio door.
The patio door allows one door to simply slide across and tuck behind the other, making it ideal for homes that need to utilise the space they have.
There is the benefit of not having doors opening in or out onto the garden or inside the property.
Sovereign Home Improvements provide doors that slide smoothly on a specially designed track and roller system, allowing the doors to slide open and shut gently and quietly while making the most of the living space, making it appear much larger than it would with French doors.
Patio doors have several other qualities, including;
- Allowing for disabled access due to the low thresholds
- They don’t need space to be fully opened
- They offer more glass than the frame, allowing for a full view of the garden space, making the rear of the home appear larger and more spacious
- The glass is A+ energy rated
- They are available in UPVC, aluminium, and wood material
- Patio doors come in a range of colours and materials that can be customised
The chic French door
The French door gets its name from, you guessed it, France.
This style dated back to the 17th century and was created initially for balconies and verandas.
Today you can find the French door at the rear of a property or a conservatory.
Two individual vertical panels of glass open outwards, allowing light and fresh air to quickly enter a living space.
Other benefits of French doors include;
- A primary door and a second door panel offers more entrance and exit flexibility
- All glass is A+ energy rated
- French doors are available in UPVC, aluminium, or wood material
- Styles are flexible and come in a selection of colours and patterns.
- A tasteful classic with all the modern benefits
- Doors are tailored to your interior/exterior design with over 150 RAL colours to choose from
Whatever door you opt for, always consider the space you have.
The area is a crucial factor when choosing the style of door.
Do you need the doors to be accessible in a particular way or for a specific reason?
How will your doors reflect your home?
We are here to give all the advice you need when selecting the right doors, give us a call today.
We’ll be happy to discuss all the options with you.